The Perfect Marriage is a psychological thriller novel by Jeneva Rose. The story revolves around the seemingly perfect marriage of Veronica and Zachary. They have been married for five years, have successful careers, and live in a beautiful home in the suburbs. However, their perfect life is shattered when Zachary is accused of murdering his mistress, and Veronica is forced to confront the truth about her husband.
The Perfect Marriage Book Summary
The novel is told from Veronica’s perspective, as she grapples with the reality of her situation and tries to uncover the truth about Zachary’s past. She is determined to prove that her husband is not guilty, even though there is more and more evidence against him and secrets from his past are starting to come out.As she delves deeper into the case, Veronica discovers that Zachary may not be the man she thought he was and that their perfect life together may have been built on a foundation of lies.
Along the way, Veronica must navigate her relationships with family and friends, who are also struggling to come to terms with Zachary’s arrest. She also starts to wonder if her love for Zachary has caused her to lose sight of her own role in the marriage.
As the trial progresses, tensions rise, and Veronica is forced to make difficult decisions that will determine the fate of her marriage and her husband’s freedom. The novel builds to a shocking conclusion as the truth about Zachary’s past is finally revealed.
The Perfect Marriage is a gripping and suspenseful novel that explores the dark side of relationships and the dangers of keeping secrets. It is a page-turner that will keep readers guessing until the very end.
The Perfect Marriage Review
The novel has received mixed reviews. Some readers have praised the book for its suspenseful plot, intriguing characters, and unexpected twists, calling it a “page-turner” and a “thrilling ride.” Others, however, have criticized the book for its slow pacing, unlikable characters, and predictable plot twists.
Many reviewers have noted that the book’s focus on the theme of the perfect marriage and the dark secrets that lurk beneath the surface is a compelling premise that will resonate with readers. However, some have argued that the execution of the plot falls short, with the characters feeling one-dimensional and the plot feeling contrived at times.
Despite these criticisms, “The Perfect Marriage” has also been praised for its exploration of complex themes related to marriage, infidelity, and the lengths that people will go to protect their secrets. The novel has been compared to other popular psychological thrillers such as “Gone Girl” and “The Girl on the Train.”
Overall, while The Perfect Marriage may not be for everyone, it offers a suspenseful and thought-provoking read for fans of psychological thrillers who enjoy exploring the darker side of human relationships.
The Perfect Marriage Book Detail
Author: Jeneva Rose
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer
Release Date: March 9, 2021
Language : English
Total Page : 342 pages
ISBN-13 : 978-1913419653
The Main Characters in The Perfect Marriage
- Veronica Morgan: The protagonist of the story, Veronica is a successful lawyer who is married to Zachary. She is devoted to her husband and their seemingly perfect life, but as the story progresses, she becomes increasingly suspicious of his behavior.
- Zachary Morgan: Veronica’s husband, Zachary is a successful businessman who is accused of murdering his mistress. He maintains his innocence throughout the trial, but as more evidence comes to light, Veronica begins to question whether he is telling the truth.
- Sarah Williams: Zachary’s mistress and the victim of the murder. She is portrayed as a manipulative and deceitful woman who had an affair with Zachary while he was still married to Veronica.
- Detective Peters: The lead detective on the case, Detective Peters is determined to prove Zachary’s guilt and is convinced that he has enough evidence to secure a conviction.
- Grace Morgan: Veronica’s mother-in-law, Grace is fiercely protective of her son and is convinced of his innocence. She is a wealthy and powerful woman who is used to getting her way.
- Rachel Morgan: Zachary’s sister, Rachel is a successful businesswoman who is close to Veronica. She is torn between her loyalty to her brother and her growing doubts about his innocence.
These characters, along with several others, play important roles in the story as Veronica tries to uncover the truth about her husband’s past and present, and determine whether or not he is capable of murder.
The Perfect Marriage Book Age Rating
As a psychological thriller novel, The Perfect Marriage contains mature themes such as infidelity, murder, and deception. There are also some intense and suspenseful scenes that may be disturbing to some readers. Because of these things, I would recommend this book to adults over the age of 18.
I’m an avid reader with a passion for exploring new ideas and concepts through books. Whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, I’m always eager to dive into a good book and learn something new.