Download the fantastic book titled I m Glad My Mom Died written by Jennette McCurdy, available in its entirety in both PDF and EPUB formats for online reading. This page includes a concise summary, a preview of the book cover, and detailed information about "I m Glad My Mom Died", which was released on 09 August 2022. We suggest perusing the summary before initiating your download. This book is a top selection for enthusiasts of the Biography & Autobiography genre.
Summary of I m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy PDF
* #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER * #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER * MORE THAN 2 MILLION COPIES SOLD! A heartbreaking and hilarious memoir by iCarly and Sam & Cat star Jennette McCurdy about her struggles as a former child actor—including eating disorders, addiction, and a complicated relationship with her overbearing mother—and how she retook control of her life. Jennette McCurdy was six years old when she had her first acting audition. Her mother’s dream was for her only daughter to become a star, and Jennette would do anything to make her mother happy. So she went along with what Mom called “calorie restriction,” eating little and weighing herself five times a day. She endured extensive at-home makeovers while Mom chided, “Your eyelashes are invisible, okay? You think Dakota Fanning doesn’t tint hers?” She was even showered by Mom until age sixteen while sharing her diaries, email, and all her income. In I’m Glad My Mom Died, Jennette recounts all this in unflinching detail—just as she chronicles what happens when the dream finally comes true. Cast in a new Nickelodeon series called iCarly, she is thrust into fame. Though Mom is ecstatic, emailing fan club moderators and getting on a first-name basis with the paparazzi (“Hi Gale!”), Jennette is riddled with anxiety, shame, and self-loathing, which manifest into eating disorders, addiction, and a series of unhealthy relationships. These issues only get worse when, soon after taking the lead in the iCarly spinoff Sam & Cat alongside Ariana Grande, her mother dies of cancer. Finally, after discovering therapy and quitting acting, Jennette embarks on recovery and decides for the first time in her life what she really wants. Told with refreshing candor and dark humor, I’m Glad My Mom Died is an inspiring story of resilience, independence, and the joy of shampooing your own hair.
Detail About I m Glad My Mom Died PDF
- Author : Jennette McCurdy
- Publisher : Simon and Schuster
- Genre : Biography & Autobiography
- Total Pages : 320 pages
- ISBN : 1982185848
- Release Date : 09 August 2022
- PDF File Size : 42,5 Mb
- Language : English
- Rating : 4/5 from 10 reviews
Clicking on the GET BOOK button will initiate the downloading process of I m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy. This book is available in ePub and PDF format with a single click unlimited downloads.